The Story Behind Our MBT Shoes And Technology – The Beginning
MBT, or Masai Barefoot Technology, was founded in 1998 and its inception is truly unique. On a visit to Korea, founder, Swiss engineer Karl Muller, stumbled upon the exceptional health benefits of walking barefoot on the paddy fields. By walking barefoot on soft earth every day, his back and joint pains suddenly disappeared. Inspired by this miracle, he decided to share this marvel for the rest of the world to enjoy, giving birth to the now internationally renowned MBTs.
MBT took the shoe industry by storm with this pioneering concept and innovation. Muller’s rigorous and genius design has since been backed and grounded with intensive research and premium materials. The technology, craft and most importantly dedication that is poured into every pair of MBTs is truly spectacular. Let us now take a backstage look into all the workings that goes into your pair of MBTs, to help you live life to the fullest.
The Technology Behind Each MBT Shoes
MBT is transcendently proud of our patented and internationally renowned curved soles, the first of its kind. The graphic below illustrates the sheer magnitude of engineering that goes into every sole we manufacture.
Behind Each MBT Shoes And Technology:
1. Contoured Polyurethane Insole: BASF PU Insole for excellent comfort.
2. Multi-functional lasting board: The lasting board and the engineered shank combine to form one section. This is produced from the fusion injected dual density TPU, specially developed for the MBT® sole construction which provides comfort & support.
3. Midsole with Pivot Axis: The unique & functional part of the midsole is the pivot axis underneath the midfoot, which promotes active rolling movement with every step.
4. MBT Sensor Technology: The soft MBT® sensor produces what has been described as a pleasant feeling, reminiscent of walking on a sandy beach.
5. Outsole: Made from premium, non-marking and durable rubber compounds, the ﬂexible rubber outsoles of MBT® shoes have been designed to give enhanced traction on various surfaces.
The curved sole is comprised of five key components that work harmoniously to promote the gentle rolling motion experienced while wearing MBT shoes. This indulges you in a plethora of health benefits, including improved posture, strengthened muscles and even recovery from sport injuries, amongst many others. Apart from all these health benefits, the interplay of MBT’s Sensor Technology and pivot axis, promises to make every MBT your most comfortable pair yet.
MBT also offers different sole profiles to cater to every imaginable need, ensuring that there is a perfect pair for everyone.
Every pair of MBTs is made with only the most premium materials, ensuring durability and prime quality. Such includes sourcing our full-grain leather, nubuck leather and canvas, amongst many others, from only the most exclusive suppliers internationally. Equipped with MBT’s specific climate control (Dry & Cool system) and leather insoles in open styles, most MBT models are also additionally equipped with GORE-TEX, facilitating optimum climate and ventilation within the shoes. MBTs are also fitted with either our high abrasion resistance outsoles or the most trusted Vibram counterparts from Italy, guaranteed to never disintegrate or wear out.
Every pair is a culmination of passionate research and innovation, a product of upmost quality and benefit- MBT.